Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My visit with Josh

I went to visit Josh almost exactly to the day a year from my first visit last year.  Left October 19, 2012 on the red eye to Atlanta to have a 2 1/2 hour delay to arrive in Birmingham, AL almost 9 a.m. AL time.  We were supposed to go caving with some friends Saturday and leave as soon as I landed but they ended up having to cancel so when I arrived we were free to stick to our own schedule. So. . . we decided to just chill on the couch because I was SO TIRED!!!  We just went grocery shopping and got food to make spaghetti and Dirt - a dessert Josh was Super excited to eat :)

Unfortunately while making Dirt I forgot to add the Cool Whip & remembered too late so Josh made what he called, "Polar Bear" and went crazy over it.  

Josh was so helpful, with the spaghetti and with his Polar Bear.  Since I messed up the pudding portion he decided to just leave the pudding on the bottom, and he added Reese's Peanut Butter Cup next then another small layer of what pudding was left then his crushed Oreo.  And lastly he added the Cool Whip and topped it with Gummy Bears - he was so sad at the grocery store when we couldn't find gummy worms so he decided "Polar Bear" was more appropriate anyway.  


Josh crushing Oreos, he did a great job. 


And LOTS of Cool Whip


He is arranging his Polar Bears in a strategic battle formation or something like that.  Not sure. . . He seemed happy with the end result. 


Ta Da


You cannot see the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups but Josh basically almost cried with Joy every time he ate it.


It was fun to cook together, but mostly just fun to spend time with my boyfriend.  We decided to just stay the night in Birmingham and not head out caving until early Sunday Morning so I could be well rested.  So thoughtful. 


No comments: