Monday, January 14, 2013

New Years Day


New Years Eve I was supposed to work normal shift 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. but it died down after 6 so I worked till 6:30 p.m.
Josh & I visited a friend of his who just had a baby which was fun, they had a brand new baby for Josh to play BUT they also had a PUPPY for ME to play with.  
We had a small toast back at my apartment because we had to get up early to go climbing New Years Day.  I tried to text my friend to come a little later but she came right on time so I had to hurry to get ready & have Josh distract her.  

We went up to Superior AZ again and it was COLD!!! Snow on the ground, have you tried to climb with numb fingers & toes!!!  
Josh made me take his Jacket off :(  


But he was sweet to tie me in bc I was shaking too bad.


I had stopped and cried a few times before I got to this point, it was super scary not being able to feel my fingers and trying to grip the rock.



Josh belayed me and was very encouraging, very sweet, very patient and without him & Kayla's support I wouldn't have made it to the top.


Me coming down...



Kayla belayed Josh so he could clean the route.  We left after this, they kind of figured I couldn't climb anymore, I'd like to think they were cold too. 



I was so happy to spend New Years Eve & New Years Day with my boyfriend, we don't normally get to spend holidays together so I was happy to have these special memories... even if these memories include me freezing my tail off in Superior AZ.



No comments: