Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Mountain Biking Trip

I bought a mountain bike a couple of weeks ago, I haven't rode a bike since I learned how to back when I was 5 years old.  There are a ton of gears and things to remember when riding, plus you have to wake up crazy early or stay up late to not ride in intense heat.


Saturday 06/09/2012 I was supposed to meet up with a co-worker at South Mountain at 6:00 a.m.  Josh & I got there on-time but apparently that is a pretty popular place to go super eaerly because there was no parking.  It took us like 15 minutes to get to the ramada and my friend doesn't text so we kept missing each others phone calls so he took off to the trail.  


Josh & I started on what I felt was a pretty rigorous trail & he suggested very kindly that we find a more "fun" trail.  That meant a dirt road that hikers use.  It actually turned out to be a good starter for mountain biking.  There was ups and downs, dirt & rocks, I feel I did really well.  There is an Indian House at the end that we went up to & two really nice women too our picture (because I forgot my camera).   They turned out to be lesbians, but really friendly lesbians who took our picture again when we met up again back on the trail!





It was really fun, it was a little rough at the beginning, I got very tired going up the hills but after taking a break at the Indian house and catching my breath I felt much better.  I am very excited to come back.


1 comment:

Whitney said...

You're so adventurous! Looks like you're having a lot of fun! Miss you!