Thursday, January 1, 2009

Snowboarding Christmas Eve

For Christmas Eve Dad gave Brian and I the opportunity to go Snowboarding with him up in Sunrise, Arizona. We had to rent the boards, boots, and snow-gear for it the night before so we could just leave without worrying about getting to the shops early. It was a little less than 4 hours to get there so we left about 5:30 a.m. and got there a little after 9 a.m.



The whole area was not busy, we were able to walk right into the building and register for morning and afternoon lessons for Brian and I. It was nice it was so slow because our group lessons became private lessons, Dallas our instructor, worked it out so that he was our instructor not only for the morning session but also the afternoon too. I needed more one-on-one assistance than Brian did, but he had already gone once with Dad and had a lesson then. Dallas was great, in the picture he is strapping my boot into the board because I had no idea how to.



The whole morning session we stayed on the "bunny hill" learning balance on the board and different turn styles. I learned that it doesn't matter which way I want to go I will inevitably fall down anyway. It was amazing though, the weather was perfect, the snow was soft and beautiful, and even falling down didn't hurt that much. By the afternoon session Dallas took us down the "mid-way hill" which is the next level after the "bunny hill" which I loved. But I had a lot of fun down Mid-Way, probably the most fun I had was going down Mid-Way because I could tell how much I had improved since that morning. I could go sets without falling down, Brian unfortunately had a bad fall on this hill and hurt his wrist.



We had to leave by 3:30 p.m. to make it home for the family Christmas Eve dinner, but it was so much fun. I cannot wait to go again, it was a great experience. Hopefully next time I will not be so sore though, waking up Christmas morning was painful, everything hurt!

1 comment:

Kylene said...

It looks like fun! I'll have to go real snow boarding some day. Its a little different when you hop on a board and slide down your front yard hill. Post more Christmas and furniture picts!