Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Wisdom Teeth Surgery

Last Thursday March 14th I got my wisdom teeth out, 3 to be exact, all three were impacted and need to be extracted.  I had 2 days to cover over for paid time off so I took the 14th and 15th off to also have the weekend to recover.  

I only say this bc my Dad and Josh love stories like this. I get to the medical office and check in and Kayla is kind of behind me, and she says are you Erin? I was like yeah here for my 10:20 a.m. appt and she was like are your parents here? And then she looked at my file and she was said, oh no I am sorry I thought you were 16!  I was going to say we can't do this without your parent or guardian here.  I didn't think it was funny but Kayla did and so did my Dad and Josh when I told them. 

My best friend Kayla was with me the day of my surgery and stayed with me till she had to leave for her Easter Pagaent rehearsal when my Mom came by.  My dad lent us his video camera bc Josh wanted me video taped while coming off the anesthesia bc he hoped I would be funny.  Nope, I was very boring.   

This is me right after, I look pretty silly but I didn't say or do anything really exciting.  I felt pretty normal to be honest, just a little tired. 

I had to eat after I got to my apartment so I got some pudding but couldn't feel that half the pudding dripped down my face.  Kayla said, Erin hold on, this may be the only funny thing you do. . . 

Me later that night starting to feel the not so good. 

I tried so hard to be good, Kayla bought me frozen peas saying they are great to contour to the face.  My other girlfriend Raila sewed me 3 2 sets of rice packs in purple and 2 with a Tinkerbell pattern.  Super cute.  

And this is me Saturday Night, I honestly felt SO terrible Saturday that is when I was at peak swelling and my face started to show bruising.  And the Percoset I have been taking made me a little sick bc I wasn't eating enough to sustain it.  
I was so mad, Costco told my mom that my prescription was due up, and I needed right contacts before my trip end of March to visit Josh.  And I was pretty sure my prescription was still good but I didn't argue so I made the appt for this Sat. and mom literally drags me out of bed to go.  I get there wanting to die, and pretty sure I look HORRIBLE for the Dr. to say yeah you aren't due up yet, you are good.  So we had to wait in the optical center for them to figure out what happened.  Oh my gosh I wanted to die!
Mom took me back to her house to die slowly there. . . 
Dad saw me and laughed. :(

I tied two socks together and tucked the ice packs together.  It is Tuesday Night and I went into work today, called in on Monday bc I was in no condition to drive.  I feel better, swelling has gone significantly down and I am mostly anticipating eating and brushing my teeth!!!!
I have small dreams now...

Josh is on his Spring Break Trip leading participants through slot canyons in Utah and a small hike to the Grand Canyon but I got his birthday card last night!  A cute Tinkerbell card that has parts to color, and stickers!  It was perfect :)  

No comments: