Sunday, November 16, 2008

Primary Program

Today was my Primary Program and it went amazing! I have been the CTR 8 Instructor for the past two years and so this is only my second Children's Program that I have been since I was in Primary myself. We have been practicing all year some of my favorite Primary songs and even some that I have never heard of before. Our Primary Chorister organized some great duets and groups to sing verses while the rest of the primary sang the chorus. It was fun to have kids who normally are shy stand up in front of our whole congregation and sing into a microphone with one or more kids. I could be biased but my CTR 8 kids I thought were particularily talented and put forth the best performance. There was a great deal of support from family members that came to watch the children, our overflow was almost completely full. It was a very spiritual experience, I am sure I looked very silly sitting up there smiling and beaming at all the children. However, it was a very special time and I tried hard to remember that during lesson and sharing time later because the kids were very high-strung and hard to keep reverent. We have the 3 - 6 p.m. church and now that the weather has changed so drastically it makes coming out of church at 6 p.m. very difficult because it is so dark and cold. I wish we could have recorded it because I would love to watch it over and over again, but I guess I will have to wait until next year.

No comments: