Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas Tree Chopping

It has been a while since I was able to go Christmas Tree Chopping with my family up in Payson. This year it was amazing, a great experience. In order to get the day after Thanksgiving off I went Black Friday shopping with my manager which meant standing in line at Best Buy at 3:00 a.m. It really was not too bad, plus by 7:00 a.m. she knew I had plans and let me leave early.

Dad rented a 4-Wheeler to take with us up to the mountains to make hiking a lot easier. It was SO much fun to ride in it through the forest looking at the beautiful trees and snow. We covered a lot of ground, Dad even gave Brian and I a chance to drive it which was amazing, it was tons of fun. However we were not expecting snow so I was not dressed appropriately and my hands got too cold too fast to drive for very long.



This is for Kylene, sorry but Dad got the chainsaw working too fast, and we could not get a great picture like you used to of dad bending over trying to get it to work. Maybe next year. This is Dad sawing the tree down however, and it dropped down in a matter of seconds, and no branches snapped this time - a miracle.



Brian and I with the dogs Brenlie and Behr. You can see in the background all the trees covered in snow, it was a really beautiful sight.



The dogs were so funny in the snow, we have tons of pictures of them just rolling around in and being silly. Brenlie especially loved to play in the snow, as soon as we got out of the truck she was face first in the snow.



Another bonus to the 4-Wheeler, it did all the carrying. We were able to just lift the tree on the back, and drive it back to the truck which saved us a lot of back pains.

No comments: