Thursday, October 10, 2013

Five Months Engaged

Today Josh & I hit our 5 month engagement mark!
So crazy to think about, already 5 months have flown by and in 71 days I'll be married :)

I have really accomplished a bit lately, got a good bit of the addresses for the invitations, met with Pam and set the times for the ceremony and reception . . . Josh is getting 5 - 7 p.m. I hope it isn't too cold!
I made an appointment to meet with the cake decorator this Saturday after work, and the caterer next Wednesday after work.  I still need to confirm the chairs, the guy & I are playing phone tag right now. . . 
Josh in his sweetest moment told me he thought it through & he thought we should just skip the reception and just have a ceremony and a little bigger luncheon.  
I completely FREAKED out at work, I love that man, I KNOW he meant well, but oh my gosh we can't just not have a reception now.  I've already asked for addresses, already made all these appointments.  He is just so sweet, doesn't want me to be stressed.  
But I told him, it will be awesome, once I reserve the food and chairs, the big things are done and it will be better :) 
And when it is all said & done I am confident that I will be glad we went to all this time and headache to plan this.  So Reception is back on! Yah??
Anyway, I applied for a teller job, not super excited about it, but I need to start applying so it was a good start.  
My Bridal Shower is tentatively set for Dec 14th, a little closer to the wedding than I would have preferred but it will work well with all the schedules.  My girlfriend Kayla is AMAZING and is hosting it.  She is also helping me with the wedding music playlist, and a meal for Josh & I to take after the reception.  Josh keeps scaring me with a camping honeymoon - I told him N.O. 

Still LOTS & LOTS more but the big things will be taken care of.  

I am going to visit Josh October 30th, which is in 20 days.  I am so excited to see him :) 

No comments: