Saturday, February 12, 2011

PALM TREES

My Dad has become something of an enthusiast of Palm Trees.

This is the view from the back deck looking down.



These are the smaller ones on the back deck, these are ones my Dad cross-pollinated himself.



These are more my Dad cross-pollinated on the other side deck.



More by the pool, I didn't get a picture of all of them, but imagine palm trees going around the entire pool, some potted, some planted. Easily 20 mid-sized queen palms around the pool deck.



The garden of Mexican Fan Palms, these are not cross-pollinated palms (that I am aware of) and they range from tiny baby Mexican Palms to the big ones you see. There is about 30+ in that fenced garden.



And these are the ones my Dad bought from Costco just the other day which was what inspired this post. 12 new Queen Palms my Dad bought and is now planting along the opposite side of the pool fence. I helped him dig today and my shoulders hurt, and I think I will get some gloves.



Anyway, I don't have a grand total but last time I counted before was like 76 so I am sure he is closer to 90 now.

2 comments:

Kylene said...

You have a funny dad.

Ashley said...

That's pretty amazing. I don't know your dad very well, but he doesn't seem like the type to do things half way. Pretty admirable, even if it does lead to a yard filled with palm trees.